The Other Side of the Friendship Pyramid: Dealing with Dislike
Tell us something good!
What You Get
- Hot takes and quick ideas to fuel your practice
- Brand-new Pyramid of Dislike handout
- Novel approaches for using Social Thinking tools and strategies not found anywhere else
- Insider tips from the pros in 10 minutes
Choose your account type
- Download the handout Learning Strengths and Weaknesses and learn 12 tips for using it in the article Teaching Students About Their Learning Strengths and Weaknesses
- Download the Pyramid of Dislike—but don’t teach it until you’ve taught the Friendship Pyramid (see below).
Learn About the Friendship Pyramid
Here are a few tricks to try that have been helpful in solving video tech problems:
Firefox or Chrome Browser: Unfortunately, some Safari and Internet Explorer (IE) browsers do not support HTML5, which is the technology that is used to stream our videos. If you are on a Windows platform and use an IE browser, please make sure it is IE11. Click here to run a test to ensure your browser supports HTML5.
Enable Your Browser Cookies: We rely on your browser cookies to give you immediate access to this video. Rest assured that we will never use or share your browser information. Click here to see how to enable cookies on various browsers.
Optimized Bandwidth Speed: Given that this video is broadcast in high definition, the more powerful your bandwidth and internet connection are, the better. If, for whatever reason, you experience a "freeze" during the broadcast, try reducing the "bit rate" within the video player. In the bottom right corner of the video player you will see "HD"—click on this icon and then choose a reduced bit rate of "auto" or "240."
Open Firewall Ports: If you are viewing from your office or school network, you may experience firewall issues that prevent the video from displaying. Click here to learn more about opening your firewall ports.
Try Watching on Another Device: You may have more luck watching the video on a different computer, smart phone, or tablet!
Still having trouble? Contact us.
Continuing Education Credit Not Available for Teams