We love having you as our customer, and we understand that sometimes things happen that warrant you cancelling an order or registration to one of our events. We will make every effort to work with you around changes in your plans, with some restrictions.
Please see below to learn more about our Cancellation policies.
We know it seems like changing or cancelling your registration simply involves a click of a button but in our case it’s a three person job. Why? Our technology does not have flexible thinking! So, if we have to change your registration to a different person’s name or a different livestream event, we need to charge $25 fee.
Unfortunately – there’s even more inflexible technology coming up. When we register you for a livestream event we provide you with a link. That link will be associated with your account (more technology) so if you need to cancel and the event is happening within 72 hours, we cannot refund your purchase.
If you need to cancel and the event is more than 72 hours away, then we will make that happen but still need to charge $50. Why? Cancellations involve a whole different process and this fee doesn’t cover the amount of employee time it takes to do the work.
Finally, please be patient with our customer service team if you need to change or cancel your registration. They are all working remotely - many for the first time ever - under their own stress, with their own technology challenges, and just following procedures. They really don’t want to make you upset. Also, please know we are doing the best we can with our inflexible systems but understand if you need to change or cancel. To do so, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the return is due to our error (e.g., you received an incorrect item), we’ll pay the return shipping cost. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days to process returns once they arrive at our office.
Ship Returns To:
404 Saratoga Ave. # 200
Santa Clara, CA 95050
- If we receive your cancellation request within 30 days of the module purchase AND the module has not been started, you may be eligible for a credit toward the purchase of a different module. The credit will be equal to the price you paid for the module.
- If we receive your cancellation request within 30 days of the module purchase AND no more than 25% of the module has been viewed/is in progress, we may provide you with a discount coupon toward the purchase of another module. The coupon amount will equal 50% of the price you paid for the module.
- If the module was started/is in progress and more than 25% of the module has been viewed, or the module was purchased more than 30 days prior to our receipt of your cancellation request, no credits or coupons are available.
- If a catastrophic event or Act of Nature occurs that inhibits you from finishing your module within your six months of access, please contact us as soon as you are able, tell us what happened, and we will work with you on a credit or a replacement module.
To submit a cancellation request, email eHelp@socialthinking.com. Please put “eLearning Cancellation Request” in the subject line. (No cancellation requests will be accepted via telephone, fax, or mail.)
- Once your application is accepted and you are placed in the program on a specific date/location, cancellation by you will result in forfeiting all monies collected prior to your withdrawal date, unless otherwise described below.
- If the cancellation is due to a medical necessity (as evidenced by a note from your doctor), we will retain your monies paid to date and put you on our program wait list if you request this option at the time of cancellation. If we can place you in a Social Thinking Clinical Training group in the future, your deposited monies will apply to the then-posted program registration fee for that group, which may be higher than your original program fee, minus $150.00 USD for administrative costs. If you decide to not be placed on the wait list you forfeit all deposited monies.
- If there is a significant Act of Nature such as severe weather conditions that shut down airports or roads, an earthquake, tornado, etc. that restricts your ability to travel to the Clinical Training session you signed up for, or that requires us to cancel the event for the safety of all, we will hold your deposited monies and work with you to reschedule your participation in a Social Thinking Clinical Training at a future date/location. You are responsible for all travel-related costs, including airline rebooking fees, for the rescheduled Clinical Training event.
To submit a cancellation request, email Vanessa Alcantar, Director of Front Office & Clinical Training, at email@example.com.