Tell us something good!
This free webinar explores:
- The importance of social observation in the classroom, home, and community
- How to introduce becoming a Social Detective at the start of the school year
- A look inside You Are a Social Detective! Curriculum & Teaching Guide
- Innovative ideas for bringing concepts into the secondary grades
- All participants receive downloadable resources, Certificate of Completion, & unlimited access to recorded replay
Choose your account type
Explore the world of social observation and learn how it lays the foundation for better interpersonal relationships and academic learning. Understanding what it means to be a Social Detective (social observer), especially during the start of a new school year, is crucial to navigating change, academic learning, making friends & more. In this free webinar, we’ll explore the highly accessible and easy-to-embed You Are a Social Detective! Curriculum & Teaching Guide. You’ll watch a curriculum lesson taught by a mainstream third-grade teacher, peruse curriculum-generated student work, and discover innovative ways to adapt these social learning concepts for the secondary grades.
Unlocking the Power of Social Observation as a Social Detective
Everything we do socially starts with observation. What we notice and how we make sense of that is especially important for situations that are new. The start of a new school year is full of new situations, new people, new routines, new expectations…. Being a social observer or detective is a way to get organized around all that is new.
In this free webinar, we’ll help you and your students get back to school with powerful social, emotional, and academic learning and an easy-to-embed curriculum to learn how to become Social Detectives at school, at home, and within the community. Join us as we:
- Learn about the importance of social observation in the classroom, home and beyond.
- Explore what it really means to be a social observer or Social Detective and why the beginning of the school year is the ideal time to teach this concept.
- Gain ideas for teaching across multiple tiers of instruction from the You are a Social Detective! Teaching Curriculum & Teaching Guide
- Zoom into a lesson to watch how a third-grade teacher introduces a concept to her class.
- Check out examples of student work.
- Explore some ideas of how these concepts can mature into the secondary grades.