Tell us something good!
- Ages: 4-8
- Pages: 162
- Format: Paperback
- ISBN: 9781934575697
- Published: 2011
Children with complex learning problems (CLP) need to learn important language and academic skills. These children are often in situations that may not be meaningful to them and hence are too complex for learning to occur. Due to the importance of understanding and telling stories for all children, Nurturing Narratives was developed as a story-based language intervention for children. The model emphasizes comprehension, “tailors” language to the child’s developmental level and stresses social engagement. The acquisition of language and literacy skills is embedded in a variety of story-related activities.
- A detailed description of the model
- Guidelines for implementing the intervention
- Instructions for creating materials
- Supportive materials such as goals and sample stories
- Additional teaching materials available for download