Ariela Jokel, P.h.D, CCC-SLP is the head Speech Language Pathologist at the Weinberg Child Development Center at Safra Children's Hospital, Tel Hashomer Sheba Medical Center in Israel. She completed her undergrad degree at York University in Toronto, Canada in psychology with a minor in Spanish and her Masters and Doctoral degrees at The Callier Center, UTD in Dallas, Texas in communication disorders. She is currently a lecturer at the Department of Communication Disorders, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, at Tel Aviv University and has a private practice in Kochav Yair, Israel where she consults and works with individuals their families from birth to adulthood. Ariela’s clinical work includes the development and supervision of the ‘Social net group’, a Social Thinking group for school aged children at Sheba’s child development center. Ariela conducts research on language and autism, has published a number of papers and provides various clinical talks and workshops in the field. She has been a board committee member of the Israeli Speech Hearing and Language Association (ISHLA) since 2012.
Personal: Ariela and her husband of 28 years, Ronen, live in Kochav Yair, Israel, with their sons Nitzan (an IDF soldier) and Alon. Her daughter, Ophir, is an undergrad psychology student in Toronto. In 2007, Ariela moved back from the US to Israel, with her family and since then has been implementing and promoting Social Thinking in the country. Her aim is to train parents and professionals, making Social Thinking therapy available to clients of all ages throughout Israel. Ariela is fluent in Hebrew, English and Spanish.
- Early identification and assessment of Autism and Developmental Disorders
- Early Childhood Development
- Child Language Development- Creating a Language Rich Environment
- The Development of Play in Early Childhood
- Intervention Strategies for Communication, Language and Play.
- Autism- Theories and Characteristics
- Autism and Play- from Assessment to Therapy
- Living with Autism in Daily Life
- Eating Therapy for Individuals with Autism
- Parent Training- Working with Families as a Team
- Using I-pads in Communication, Speech and Language Therapy
Financial: Speaker for Think Social Publishing, Inc. and receives speaking fees.
Non-financial: No relevant non-financial relationships exist.