Thinkables & UnthinkaBots Double Deck, 2nd Edition
Tell us something good!
- Ages: 7-10+
- Format: Game
- ISBN: 9781936943845
- Published: 2021
New Edition! Super Updates, Changes & Additions
Since we introduced the Superflex® Curriculum in 2008, creative educators, therapists, parents, and related service professionals have come up with all sorts of new ways to teach the concepts and ideas related to Superflex.
The Thinkables & UnthinkaBots Double Deck, 2nd Edition is the superflexible visual supports you asked for to use with individuals who are learning about or have already been introduced to Superflex, the updated Team of UnthinkaBots (formally Unthinkables), and the team of Thinkables.
The Double Deck is designed for ultimate flexibility as you unleash your creative spirit in teaching the Superflex Curriculum in fun, new ways with your students.
Here's what is new or updated in this edition!
The Thinkables & UnthinkaBots Double Deck, 2nd Edition now includes the new generation of UnthinkaBot and Thinkable characters. The core product is still the same, with two decks of 52 cards for each team of characters, featuring character cards with the character’s image, name, and powers.
Each deck includes:
- 4 information cards
- Title/copyright card
- Character pairing reference card
- About the Deck & Use
- Summary of Character Updates
- 3 Social Detective character cards –NEW for this edition!
- 3 Superflex character cards
- 42 Thinkable or UnthinkaBot character cards:
- UnthinkaBots deck: 3 copies of the 14 UnthinkaBots, plus 3 Superflex cards and 3 Social Detective cards
- Thinkables deck: 3 copies of the 14 related Thinkables, plus 3 Superflex cards and 3 Social Detective cards
Other Important Changes: We’ve added several Superflex flying characters representing a diverse group of kids and emphasizes the “Superflex is ME” message. We’ve also replaced 4 of the 14 “first generation” characters with new names: Mean Bean (formerly Mean Gene/Jean), Me-Gull (formerly One-Sided Sid), Body Drifter (formerly Body Snatcher), and Blurt Out Blue (formerly Grump Grumpaniny).
Super suggestions for superflexible play!
You take the lead in using the cards — they’re a blank canvas of possibilities!
- Create games such as “Go Fish” with the cards
- Use the Thinkables cards to say “good job” when a child or student is managing an UnthinkaBot
- Use an UnthinkaBot card as a visual tool to remind a student to use their strategies when an UnthinkaBot shows up in a student’s brain
The possibilities are endless, limited only by your imagination and your own superflexible thinking!
Learn How to Teach Superflex
Michelle Garcia Winner, Superflex coauthor and the founder of the Social Thinking Methodology, shares tips for teaching ages 8-11 with Social Thinking products (including Superflex products), in this free, recorded webinar. Get the inside scoop!
Award-winning Social Detective & Superflex Series
Our award-winning Social Detective & Superflex series teaches social observation, social awareness, perspective taking, flexible thinking, and self-regulation. Click here to explore all our Social Detective & Superflex resources—why this social emotional learning series has sold more than 447,000 copies worldwide!