Tell us something good!
- Ages: 7-10+
- Format: Game
- ISBN: 9780970132093
- Published: 2013
Superflex Superdecks are card games created to invoke your own superflexible thinking as you teach students to be more superflexible social thinkers. It’s all about superflexibility! The game pack is a companion teaching tool to the popular Superflex Curriculum, which helps parents and professionals teach children ages 8 – 11 about social thinking, social regulation, and social problem solving.
We’ve included a game to play with each deck (and more games are available online), but the product was really created to be super-uper flexible, with uses limited only by your imagination and your own superflexible thinking. For instance:
- Create games such as “Go Fish” with the cards to use with your students
- Use the Thinkables cards to say “good job” when an Unthinkable has been defeated
- Use an Unthinkable card as a visual reminder for a student to use his/her strategies when the clever, sneaky character is invading a student’s brain
- Pick an Unthinkable or Thinkable and have students use their Social Detective skills to play a version of “I Spy…” and look for that character showing up in themselves or others in the group, the classroom, or the school
The Superdecks are not an introduction to Superflex, and should only be used with students who are already familiar with the concept of being a Social Detective (introduced in the book, You Are a Social Detective), and are either working through or have completed the Superflex Curriculum. The games and activities provided prompt players to think about the powers of the characters, brainstorm which Unthinkable might appear in a situation, match strategies to characters, or Thinkables and Unthinkables, and use their social thinking in other superflexible ways.
Expand and customize the Superdecks to your students’ needs! These materials provide even more superflexibility!
- Blank template for each card deck
- Additional Games & Activities
- Five-Step Power Plan blank template and filled-in samples
- 4 card decks each with: 52 plastic coated cards (standard playing card size) and a large 7 x 9" laminated card with a game/activity to play with the deck. The four decks sit in a removable plastic tray and all contents fit neatly into the 7.25 x 9.5” game box. Games range from simple to more complex, using one or more decks.
- Unthinkables deck: cards have character image and name (no powers); multiples of each of 14 characters
- Thinkables deck: cards have character image and name (no powers); multiples of each of 14 characters, plus Superflex cards
- Situations deck
- Strategy deck
- Superflex and brain sensor cards included too!
- Power Pals/Five-Step Power Plan (4 copies): laminated 7 x 9" reference guide with the Power Pals on one side and the Power Plan teaching template on the other
- Unthinkables & Thinkables (4 copies): laminated 7 x 9" reference guide with 14 Unthinkables and their powers on one side; 14 Thinkables and their powers on the other
- Ages of Players 8-11
- 2+ Players
Learn How to Teach Superflex
Michelle Garcia Winner, Superflex co-author and the founder of Social Thinking, shares tips for teaching ages 8-11 with Social Thinking products (including Superflex products), in this free, recorded webinar. Get the inside scoop!