Thinkables & Unthinkables Double Deck
Tell us something good!
- Ages: 8-13
- Format: Game
- ISBN: 9781936943906
- Published: 2014
Since we introduced the Superflex® Curriculum in 2008, creative educators, therapists, parents, and related service professionals have come up with all sorts of new ways to teach the concepts and ideas related to Superflex. Yet, you wanted games and visual teaching tools to make your teachings even better.
The Thinkables & Unthinkables Double Deck is the superflexible teaching tool you asked for to use with individuals who are learning about or have already been introduced to Superflex, the 14 original Unthinkables, and the newer characters, the Thinkables (first mentioned in our book, Social Town Citizens Discover 82 New Unthinkables for Superflex to Outsmart).
You take the lead in using the cards — they’re a blank canvas of possibilities!
- Create games such as “Go Fish” with the cards
- Use the Thinkables cards to say “good job” when a child or student has mostly put an Unthinkable to rest
- Use an Unthinkable card as a visual tool to remind a student to use his/her strategies when one of those clever, sneaky characters is invading the student’s brain
- Pick an Unthinkable or Thinkable and play “I Spy…” where students use their Social Detective skills to look for that character showing up in themselves or others in the group, the classroom, or the school.
The possibilities are endless, limited only by your imagination and your own superflexible thinking!
- Unthinkables deck: 52 cards with multiples of each of 14 Unthinkable characters
- Thinkables deck: 52 cards with multiples of each of 14 Thinkable characters and Superflex cards
- Cards contain the character’s image, name, AND powers
- Cards are plastic coated, standard playing card size
Thinkables Card Deck Correction
News flash from our Product Development Manager, Veronica Zysk: "Social Town Citizens: Our biggest apologies! Two Unthinkables, The Detail Swapper and Multitasking Marie, have been working overtime to invade the brain of our product editor to sabotage one of the new Superflex products. We've recently discovered a mistake in our new Thinkables & Unthinkables Double Deck. The descriptions on two Thinkable cards, Nice Brice and Stick-Withem, are incorrect—resulting in 6 cards with misprints (3 cards for each Thinkable).
Great news! Replacement cards are in and have been sent to all customers who purchased the faulty deck through our website or at our conferences. If you purchase the Thinkables & Unthinkables Double Deck at this time, it will come bundled with the reprinted cards—nothing you need to do! Please e-mail us if you have any questions or concerns email@example.com
Our Product Development staff is currently taking a refresher course at Superflex Academy in using the Five-Step Power Plan and will try their best to prevent this from happening again. Thanks so much for your flexible brains!
Learn How to Teach Superflex
Michelle Garcia Winner, Superflex co-author and the founder of Social Thinking, shares tips for teaching ages 8-11 with Social Thinking products (including Superflex products), in this free, recorded webinar. Get the inside scoop!