Providers Conference Overview
Social Thinking Provider's Conference
What are the Social Thinking Provider's Conferences?
As Social Thinking becomes more widely used in more settings and more communities, this conference gives practitioners the ideal opportunity to expand their knowledge and learn from their colleagues.
Professionals from around the country, and the world, take part in an event of collaboration on Social Thinking programs related to the teaching and treatment of individuals with Asperger's, ADHD, noverbal learning disorders and similar diagnosed and undiagnosed social and communication challenges. Starting in 2012 we will host the Social Thinking Provider's Conference in four different cities across the US. Please refer to the left hand navigation for our upcomming Provider's Conferences.
While started specifically to help treatment providers develop teamwork and share core principles, this international conference has expanded to include parents and family members!
Social Thinking is a language-based treatment paradigm used specifically for our students with near normal to way above normal language and intelligence to provide them more sophisticated lessons so they can participate in more sophisticated social exchanges. We also acknowledge the social mind affects how one interprets many aspects of the academic curriculum and participates in groups, including classrooms. Hence the teachings of Social Thinking are not limited to teaching social play and conversation, but are expanded to address how we share space effectively as individuals and how we interpret and respond to core elements of the curriculum (reading comprehension, written expression and beyond).
The Conference Will:
- Allow professionals who are running Social Thinking programs both in schools and private practice settings to come together to network, brainstorm and problem solve the delivery of Social Thinking services.
- Report on any research projects currently in progress or that has been completed.
- Establish networks for continued communication beyond the conference and report on latest plans to further develop networks of communication.
- Develop ways to take data on the application of teaching social thinking concepts both to fellow professionals as well as students. Determine ways we can take collective data for possible research studies to document progress we are making.
- Build bridges between different but complimentary treatment ideas to help build stronger and more student centered programs.
Social Thinking Workshops
Social Thinking also hosts introductory workshops across the United States, which are open to all individuals with varying degrees of experience with Social Thinking. If you would like to find out more about all of the workshops we host, please click here.