Recorded Webinar, December 2016
How to Use Social Thinking Materials to Teach 3rd – 5th Graders (Ages 8-11)
Moderated by: Pamela Crooke, Social Thinking Chief Strategy Officer
People frequently ask how our products can be used together for a specific age group to teach and motivate kids to improve their social competencies in a fun and engaging manner. In Social Thinking’s first ever webinar, Michelle Garcia Winner will discuss the products Social Thinking has created for students in grades 3-5 (8-11 year olds) as well as share teaching tips and strategies related to the use of the following materials: You are a Social Detective!, the SuperflexTM Curriculum, Social Thinking and Me, and the game Should I or Shouldn’t I?. Michelle will present for the first 30 minutes, and in the last 30 minutes she will answer the questions you submit live. Learn information you won't get at a conference!
Download Presentation Handouts
Here are the powerpoint slides that were used in the webinar for you to have as a reference! Download here.
Certificate of Attendance & CEUs
After you have watched the webinar, you may download the Certificate of Attendance for your records. Unfortunately our webinars are not eligible for continuing education units.
- - Learn the order in which to use Social Thinking products with grades 3-5 (ages 8-11)
- - Get insider tips from Michelle Garcia Winner for how to best teach through the Social Thinking Methodology with this age group
- - Get an understanding of the breadth and depth of Social Thinking’s products for ages 8-11 and how this information lays the foundation for social learning as children age
- Firefox or Chrome Browser. Unfortunately some Safari and IE browsers do not support HTML5, which is the technology that is used to stream our live webinars. If you are on a Windows platform and use an IE browser, please make sure it is IE11. Click here to run a test to ensure your browser supports HTML5.
- Enable Your Browser Cookies. When you register for this webinar we rely on your browser cookies to give you immediate access to the webinar content. This includes immediate access, every time you visit this web page (including if you want to come back and see the recorded version). Please rest assured that we will never use or share your browser information. Click here to see how to enable cookies on various browsers.
- Optimized Bandwidth Speed. Given that this webinar is broadcast in live high definition, the more powerful your bandwidth and internet connection are, the better. If for whatever reason, you experience a "freeze" during the broadcast, try reducing the "bit rate" within the webinar player. In the bottom right corner of the webinar player you will see text that reads "HD" - click on this icon and then choose a reduced bitrate of "auto" or "240."
- Open Firewall Ports. If you are viewing from your office or school network, you may experience firewall issues that prevent our live webinar stream from displaying. Click here to learn more about opening your firewall ports.
- Still having trouble? Contact us at (408) 557-8595 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are links to some of the teaching materials, articles, and fidelity checklists discussed in the webinar. Note: if you click a link it will open in a separate tab on your browser so as not to take you off this page in case you're watching the webinar!
- You are a Social Detective!
- Eres Un Detective Social!
- Tu es Un Detective Social!
- Social Thinking and Me (Two-Book Set)
- Think Social! A Social Thinking Curriculum for School-Age Students
- Should I? or Shouldn't I? What Would Others Think? Elementary Edition
- Should I? or Shouldn't I? Elementary School Expansion Pack
- Should I or Shouldn't I? What Would Others Think? Middle & High School Edition
- Should I? or Shouldn't I? Middle & High School Expansion Pack
- Superflex: A Superhero Social Thinking Curriculum Package
- Thinkables & Unthinkables Double Deck
- Superflexible Me! Superflex Cape
- Superflex: My Hero Inside Music CD
- Superflex Superdecks
- 10 DOs and DON'Ts for Teaching Superflex
- DOs and DON'Ts for Working with Students in Social Thinking® Groups
- Beyond Skills: The Worth of Social Competence
- 9 Strategies to Encourage Generalization of Social Thinking® Concepts and Related Social Skills
Fidelity Checklists to Help Guide Teaching:
- You Are a Social Detective! Fidelity Checklist
- Superflex Curriculum Fidelity Checklist
- We Thinkers! Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 Curriculum Fidelity Checklist
Social Thinking Webinar for Ages 4-7
Check out the other webinar in our free webinar series, How to Use Social Thinking Materials to Teach Ages 4-7.