Superflex Five-Step Power Plan
Superflex's Very Cool Five-Step Power Plan Poster is a supplemental visual tool for those who want to teach Superflex curriculum concepts at a deeper level with ages 8-11. The Power Plan and the five Power Pals were first introduced in our book Social Town Citizens Discover 82 New Unthinkables for Superflex to Outsmart!
The Power Plan is a teaching strategy that helps students strengthen their superflexible thinking and become more independent problem solvers as they defeat their Unthinkables. As students work through the five steps they:
1. Identify which Unthinkable is invading their brain.
2. Observe the situation and the people in it.
3. Stop and think about the hidden rules.
4. Use their own flexible thinking to choose an appropriate strategy.
5. Use self-talk to coach themselves to remain calm through this process.
Download a handout-size version of the Five-Step Power Plan poster for free to use in your classroom, clinic, or home.Download
In this free recorded webinar, Michelle Garcia Winner discusses the products Social Thinking has created for students ages 8-11 as well as shares teaching tips and strategies related to the use of the following materials: You are a Social Detective!, the Superflex Curriculum®, Social Thinking and Me, and the game Should I or Shouldn't I?Watch Now