Social Thinking Clinical Training Program Level 2-Advanced
About the Program
The Social Thinking Clinical Training Program Level 2-Advanced is currently on hold. Information about the 2013-2014 Level 2-Advanced Program will be announced via our e-mail newsletter. Sign up to receive our newsletter by clicking here.
The Social Thinking Clinical Training Program Level 2-Advanced provides intensive four-day, supervised training at the Social Thinking clinic in San Jose, CA. No more than three participants will be accepted for a training session. Placement in the program is done on a first-come, first-serve basis for those who are qualified and accepted. Please remember that Social Thinking Clinical Training Program Level 1-Assessment -or- Level 1-Basic are prerequisites to the Level 2-Advanced program (sorry, there are no exceptions to this policy). Three, eight hour days will focus intensively on planning, treatment and note writing for the clinical treatment of groups. Under the guidance of the clinic's social cognitive specialists, Stephanie Madrigal, Pamela Crooke, and Michelle Garcia Winner, the participant will have opportunities to develop social thinking curriculum, prepare therapy notes and run therapy groups with the students at the clinic. On the fourth day, trainees will meet with Stephanie Madrigal to explore in further detail how to review client folders to preselect students for groups and answer questions related to further treatment organization. Level 2-Advanced Training will be held roughly one time a month, September through May at our clinic. There are no summer Level 2-Advanced Training sessions as we do not provide organized therapy during that time at our training clinic.
- The trainee will co-treat and/or participate in group therapy (with the regular clinician) to a range of students (K-high school), varying in their functioning levels and diagnoses. (Please note: Trainees will work with the clients who are currently on our clinicians’ caseloads, so we cannot guarantee the trainee will work with students of all ages and functioning levels.)
- Stephanie Madrigal will direct daily meetings with the trainee to develop goals. Evaluations on the trainee’s performance related to therapy style and creativity, problem solving abilities within the sessions as well as their skills related to administrative tasks (note- taking, organization, etc.) will also take place.
- There will be ongoing guidance and support throughout the program on how to continue to fine-tune the trainee’s therapeutic and dynamic style when working with clients.
- The final day of the Level 2-Advanced Training will be dedicated to teaching the trainee about the inner workings of the Internal Perspective Taking Rating scale that our clinicians are developing and opportunities to practice rating client files so that the trainee leaves feeling more confident in their ability to understand the different levels of learning of students in order to best meet their needs.
- Upon successful completion of this Level 2-Advanced Training and full payment of their tuition, in addition to receiving a Certificate of Completion, the participant's name will be posted on our website with his or her school district and/or private practice affiliation. This is a valuable tool for outreach and awareness in the trainee's community and beyond!
Continuing Education Units
The Social Thinking Clinical Training Program Level 2-Advanced is an approved activity for SLPs to acquire ASHA CEUs. This program is offered for 3.1 CEUs, intermediate level, professional area
Only those who have completed our Social Thinking Clinical Training Program Level 1-Assessment -or- Level 1-Basic are eligible to apply to participate in the training program. Each professional is required to submit an application to be considered for the program.
Program Tuition & Payment
The fee for the Level 2-Advanced program is $3200 for four days of training. The fees are to be paid in the following increments:
1. $250 is due with the application at the time it is submitted for consideration. The $250 is a non-refundable deposit if you are placed in a training group based on your schedule preferences.
2. Upon receiving a letter notifying you of placement in a training group, you will also receive an invoice that another non-refundable $750.00 is due immediately upon receipt to hold your placement in this group. If payment is not made within 30 days of our mailing the letter, your placement in the group as well as your deposit will be forfeited.
3. Three months (12 weeks) prior to your scheduled attendance in the training an invoice will be mailed indicating that the third installment of your tuition, a non-refundable deposit ($1,000.00) is due two months (8 weeks) prior to your attendance date for your position to be held in this group. Failure to make this payment two months prior to your attendance date will result in your position being forfeited along with your $1000.00 non-refundable deposit.
4. Two months (8 weeks) prior to your scheduled attendance another invoice for the remaining balance due ($1200) will be mailed to you. This payment must be received in our one month prior to your attendance date. Failure to make this payment may result in your position being forfeited along with your $2000 non-refundable deposited monies. At the time this payment is made, you are paid in full for the program and we will look forward to working with you!
The Social Thinking Clinical Training Program Level 2-Advanced is a highly desired program with a very limited number of available spaces sought after by professionals from around the world. Due to the unique difficulties that our clinic and the “waitlist” candidates may encounter if called at the last minute to fill a cancellation slot, we have constructed a strict policy regarding cancellations. Please review this policy carefully before applying.
Application - Coming Soon
Stephanie Madrigal, Michelle and Pam Crooke (the three in the center) with Social Thinking Clinical Training participants